question

PeterM avatar image
PeterM asked

PV Inverter Support Assistant

In description of this assistant it says when mains is connected on input "This Assistant will be idle when the Multi or Quattro is connected to mains " What exactly is Idle ? - Does mains pass-through ? Does charging follow the settings as per VeConfig3 ? More clarification required

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerAssistants
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

boekel avatar image boekel ♦ commented ·

This means that it won't do anything until there is no grid, the assistant cannot change the frequency when it has AC-input connected, because it has to follow the frequency of the AC-input.

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

This is the assistants that I use on my Grid tie connected inverter, (connected to AC1 out)

my inverter is a multiplus 48/5000

I then use Generator autostart in my CCGX/ venus GX to make AUX1 in the inverter to go hi or low,

Thus this opens the Main AC1 in relay and thus allows the Multi/Quattro to be able to adjust the frequency and thus shut down my grid Tie inverter before the Batteries are 100% full and thus stop export to the Grid.

I use the AC current sensor so that a tile appears on my ccgx/venus gx so I can see the solar current

1554287353051.png (28.5 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

PeterM avatar image
PeterM answered ·

Interesting :) Where do you get the information thats in the image above from?

5 comments
2 |3000

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

you have to setup the Assistants as per the settings I have shown you in the picture.

this is off my live system 48/5000 with 4.5Kw of so;lar and a grid Tie 5Kw inverter connected to the AC 1 out of the Multiplus inverter

0 Likes 0 ·
boekel avatar image boekel ♦ Paul B commented ·

You are showing ESS and ignore AC assistants, why would @merle.peter@gmail.com have to setup those assistants?

If you want to show the ESS assistant, only show the ESS assistant, but he is asking about the pv-inverter support assistant..not the ESS assistant.

0 Likes 0 ·
boekel avatar image boekel ♦ commented ·

Hi @merle.peter@gmail.com, what exactly are you trying to configure? before we assume all kind of things.

0 Likes 0 ·
PeterM avatar image PeterM boekel ♦ commented ·

Just trying to under stand the mode "idle" - I cannot find the original reference to it as I think the relevant page has been updated

0 Likes 0 ·
boekel avatar image boekel ♦ PeterM commented ·

Ok than my first reply still stands ;)

idle because it cannot do anything with AC-in connected.

0 Likes 0 ·
PeterM avatar image
PeterM answered ·

thanks

2 |3000