question

PeterM avatar image
PeterM asked

Looking for assistant

Looking for assistant than controls charge current depending on PV output from SMA Inverter on Modbus in Grid connected System. I have a Venus GX connected to a Multiplus and SMA inverter on AC input of Multiplus . SMA is integrated with the Venus and was hoping I could base the max charge current on a proportion of the Solar PV produced by the SMA . The ESS would be more elegant solution however connecting the SMA to the output means that the Anti Islanding of the grid connected system is not compliant with local regulations

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerAssistants
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

boekel avatar image boekel ♦ commented ·

Couldn't you just use an external current sensor on the multiplus?

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

PeterM avatar image
PeterM answered ·

The information is all there on the modbus which the Venus see's , silly having to introduce another gadget to the system. The current clamp is also too big an cumbersome to fit into my distribution box

2 |3000