question

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image

Congratulations on 2000 Questions and Answers

Hello Victron Community,

We have just had a milestone of 2000 questions answered.

This also coincides with 2000 registered users and over 3,750 unique visitors per week.

This is all in little over 6 months.

Thank you all, and especially those who visit regularly to learn from each other and share what you have already learned.

With much appreciation,

Guy Stewart

Victron Community Manager.

victron community
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Good work Guy. I mean *really* good work. Don't stop now...

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Excellent work! It's a great place to share and learn, plus I have made new friends too!

2 |3000

wheelsd avatar image
wheelsd answered ·

Hi Guy maybe you can answer this one as it seems to be related to how the unit works.

HI, I have a smart controller Mppt 100/20 controller in my caravan. Since installation I have noticed that when connecting any item , by either a connection to a 12v lighter connection or installing fuses, that the 12v output from the controller drops to OFF state for a period of about 1 sec then turns on again. With the solar panels , 2 x 180w outputting about 20v, disconnected this does not happen. In this state I can see from the app that when the TV for example is connected to a 12v power that the surge current is about 300ma. This would seem to be too low to trigger short circuit protection levels. The controller is set for loadcontrol of smart battery and no links inserted. The problem is not load dependant, that is the load output drops to OFF with all lights , fans etc on or off when a TV is connected to 12v point.. Max load with everything running is about 8amps which is well within the specs for the unit. The unit has a direct connection to the RV battery. Measuring battery voltage at BAtt connection points shows no drop in voltage. There does seem to be some voltage change at the output terminals when the issue happens but its hard to see if its related to the output being turned off. Any help appreciated.

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi wheelsd,

I see you already have the question posted here: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/13170/smartsolar-10020-output-drops-to-off-state.html

That is the way to do it, it looks like PaulB is still waiting for a response from you for his questions?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic