question

flomoto avatar image
flomoto asked

Bug in Lithium BMS assistant on Multiplus

Hi,

After updating the assistant using VEconfigure on my 5kVA Multiplus, I got an error message regarding the BMS assistant for Lithium batteries (see the screenshot below).

I assume the error comes from a translation bug, although I'm using VEconfigure in english (I'm located in France).

QUESTION : is this bug gonna affect the assistant ? I'm worried for instance my lithium batteries would get overcharged...

I've updated the Multipus to the latest firmware (2624430), it doesn't change anything.

Thanks

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerLithium BatteryBMSAssistantsbug report
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

HI,

The problem is in the French translation. If you set it back to English and delete the French. The assistent setup will work then and you can properly set the assistant and charging and discharging will work properly
Easiest would be to re-install VEConfig.

best regards

Martijn Coster
Victron Energy

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

flomoto avatar image
flomoto answered ·

Hi Martijn,

Thanks, uninstalling and re-installating VEconfig solved this issue.

I always use the software in English to avoid that kind of translation problem, somehow when it updated the assistant I think it found out I was located in France and tried to use the French language.

Thanks!

2 |3000