question

hugo-rojas avatar image
hugo-rojas asked

Is possible to connect or combine Octo GX with CCGX?

Estamos tratando de conectar 5 controladores solares inteligentes 250/100 a la red victron, y el cliente también quiere un control de color como pantalla en la placa. ¿Es posible conectarlos para el mismo sistema? Aprovechando la capacidad de los puertos de OctoGX y el rendimiento visual del Color Control.

CCGX Color Controlgx device
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hugo-rojas avatar image hugo-rojas commented ·

For the same question. These are details. We are trying to connect 5 smart solar 250/100 controllers to victron network, also customer wants a color control as a screen on the board. It's possible to connect them for the same system? Taking advantage of the ports capacity of OctoGX and visual performance of the Color Control.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hello Hugo,

No, it is not possible to connect.or combine an OctoGX with CCGX.

It is possible to connect 5 smart solar controllers to the CCGX. The maximum number of VE.Direct devices which can be attached to a CCGX is 5 (2 direct, and 3 via USB with powered hub and VE.direct to USB adaptors).

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:start

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Thanks Guy!

0 Likes 0 ·

Dear Guy,

We have two BMV (VE. Direct), Four SmartSolar 250/100 Controllers and One Quattro (VE.Bus) and the CCGX. How can we connect these units in one system?

We have two ports VE.Direct in the CCGX, we could convert the two USB Host ports of CCGX with [VE Direct to USB interface] in two VE.Direct input (Then will could connect the four controllers), also the Quattro must connect to VE.BUS. But, then the two BMV, where could connect these?

Now in the CCGX have two VE.CAN available.

I will appreciate your support.

Regards,

Hugo Rojas

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hello Hugo. No, they are essentially the same device, and never designed to do that. I'm sure your customer can be satisfied though. There's bluetooth(?), wifi too, but for ultimate reliability, just ethernet, even EoP.

This looks like a substantial system, so I expect would be connected to VRM portal too. Networking essential there anyway, so your client could access from any number of options. Even his phone in bed.

This may not fit though, so please come back with the relevant status.

Edit/: Beaten by Guy, but I'll leave it.

1 comment
2 |3000

Thanks JohnC

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

CCGX Product Manual

CCGX Product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic