question

lucashubner avatar image
lucashubner asked

Integration between Color Control GX and Sodium Battery 48TL200

Hello, i want to integrate the Color Control GX with my sodium batteries (Fiamm 48TL200), but, unfortunately the Collor Control GX does not support this batteries BMS, i want to develop the support. There's some tutorial or some kind of documents i can use to do this integration?

BMSbattery
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

anaf avatar image anaf commented ·

Good Afternoon,

Have you achieved the development of the support you mentioned? I have the same system.

0 Likes 0 ·
5 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hey both, actually I have good news for @lucashubner; we do have an implemented driver for the Fiamm FzSonick batteries.

After implementing it; demand was limited; and we have not gone further with announcing it and/or documenting it. For details please contact https://www.innovenergy.ch/

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

There are some documents, but not yet a clear step by step procedure. Perhaps you can keep track of your research and come back and post one :)

A good place to start would be this similar question, it states clearly Victron's position at the moment, and also some other users success using the available tools.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/983/new-battery-storage-system-ssl-energie-esafe.html

1 comment
2 |3000

lucashubner avatar image lucashubner commented ·

Thank's, i'll search and try to develop something.

Best regards.

0 Likes 0 ·
imac avatar image
imac answered ·

Hi Victron,

@mvader (Victron Energy), @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

We have been using the code and implementing Victron connected to the FZSoNick battery with success. Is there any thing we can do to continue the support with this configuration?

http://gridedge.com.au/

2 |3000

valentin-silvera avatar image
valentin-silvera answered ·

Hello everyone!

My name is Valentin Silvera and I work at Itaipu Technological Park. In recent times we have been working with sodium nickel chloride Fzsonick 48TL200 batteries and used Victron products to integrate with the electrical grid. Even one of our projects was posted on the Victron blog (https://www.victronenergy.com/blog/2020/04/14/brazilian-electricity-regulatory-agency-trials-salt-batteries/)

Although in the current firmware version of Victron's controllers the drive to work with sodium is already available, it is necessary to make some previous configurations.

We developed some improvements in the drive and we would like to know how we could make it official so that it becomes available to all Victron controllers. We would also like to make a configuration manual for this technology and find out if it is possible to post this information on some official Victron site.

Our intention is to facilitate and disseminate the use of sodium battery, a green and safe technology!

@mvader (Victron Energy) and @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager), do you think this are possible?

1 comment
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hey @valentin silvera, this msg is just a note that your message reached me; I’ll send you an email; might be next week.

0 Likes 0 ·
stoeff99 avatar image
stoeff99 answered ·

Hi all,

From the message trail above it is not clear to me if the FZSonick 48TL200 is now integrated in to the Venus GX controller by default, i.e will the controller be able to communicate with the 48TL200 BMS via RS485 or VE.Bus, or if further development is required?

Some messages above indicate that this has now been implemented, but others state the opposite.

Thanks in advance for providing clarity on this.

1 comment
2 |3000

smueff1970 avatar image smueff1970 commented ·
Hi all,

have anyone an answer to this question ?

Thanks

Thomas

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron VE.Bus BMS product page

Victron 3rd party BMS compatibility page