question

Michael Riley avatar image
Michael Riley asked

Feature Request - VRM Device Summary Details List

A regular element of 'system' management / maintenance is to collect all the varying details of your system components and their various status.

Whilst I understand that I can expand (+) the device list on VRM and get further details of the individual equipments there is detail that is missing (e.g. S/N, configuration lists (as per VE.Configure3)) and it would be great to be able to get these out to check that your equipment configuration is actually what you want it to be.

I recently had a new 24/5000 Multi installed and the configuration (electrician with VE.configure) was not what I had in mind; particularly as it relates to AC voltage, safety assistant for example).

I printed out the 'settings' (x.txt) to file and could then easily 'check' my configuration. Given that I do not own a PC (only MAC) I use VRM to check up on the various items but cannot get this listing that I am aware.

Would be great to get ALL or 'selected' item configuration listing which could then be 'saved' to file/downloaded.

Thanks

VRMsoftware
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

This maybe of help, as well

All this can be info retrieved using the VRM including the Assistant settings and you can then change them and send them back to the multi. There are also forum postings on how to do this

1552801899429.png (43.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Michael Riley answered ·

Thanks @Paul B

I did the first 'txt' dump using the installers laptop and VE.Configure as I only use Mac on the vessel.

I use 'Crossover' to run Windows based files although not successfully to actually program a Multi (yet).

Using your above referenced VE.Configure on VRM I am able to 'Download' the file to my laptop with the file 606... / extension .rvsc

6064054cc9f1_inst_ttyO5_Interfaces_Mk2_Tunnel.rvsc

Using Crossover I am able to get VE.Configure 3 running and using a 'dummy' target get the options to 'load' a file but it does not recognise the .rvsc extension.

Any suggestion?

2 |3000

Michael Riley answered ·

Answer:

On MacBook Pro (10.14.3) Mojave using Crossover Version 18.1 (18.1.0.31718). For those that are not aware 'Crossover' allows most 'Windows-based' applications to run on a MacOS environment. This is a paid version using a version of Wine but is supported and they have a large database of various 'applications' which are fully supported by Crossover.

Log onto VRM. Navigate to your Device List and scroll down to Remote VE.Configure. As per the Victron video the 'host' will connect to your local site (configurations of the VenusGX are required to allow 2-way remote communication.

Download file using VRM VE.Configure (saved in 'Downloads' of your MAC profile.

Open Crossover and then launch VE.Configure3 (having previously 'installed' this into its 'configured files'. The standard VE.Configure splash is launched and checks for updates. Select the 'fake target from file' option (not the Com port). Navigate to the downloads and select the 6... rvsc file. VE.Configure opens and it appears at first glance that these are the current settings of the MultiPlus 24/5000 on board.

Print these settings... select to print and then try to close that window without necessarily printing the file. You are then prompted with an option to 'save' these settings - select yes and then ensure that you know where you save the file. This is not obvious because Crossover creates an entire 'environment' under /Users/Crossover/.... so it took a while to understand that the initial prompt to save to 'Desktop' was not my normal desktop but the '/crossover/desktop'.

You can then open the file using any text editor.

2 |3000

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

All loaded fine for me

Also I had one problem when exiting as it wanted to save the file and the file was marked Read only so I had to change the security on that file to RW otherwise it would not save and a error occured

1552824992634.png (150.5 KiB)
1552825047070.png (66.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Related Resources