VE MP Parrallel (3x1Phase) , Error 17

Hi Team,

See below system components:
a) Multiplus 48/5000/70 : 3 units , FW: 430

b) Bluesolar CC MPPT 150/85 (VE Can port) : 4 units , FW: 2.05

c) BYD B-Box L 2.5 : 11 units , FW: 4.17

d) CCGX : 1 unit , FW: 2.22

Problem:

Our system always shutsdown everytime the patch cable from the end of paralleled inverter connects to VE Bus of CCGX or if (CCGX reads the inverter system shutsoff after 30 secs). We tried different approach on how to start up the system with out tripping it off, but still we have no definite pattern on what was causing it. What we do temporarily is disconnect the patch cable between MP and CCGX just to run the system.

You can see on the screen cap i attached the LED indicator of Master & the slaves.

for Slaves : LED blinks alternately between Inverter On and Bulk, Then steady light for Absorption and Float.

Any thoughts on this ?

Let me know if you need any other details.

battery chargingCCGX Color Control
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Can you please post the VRM id?

0 Likes 0 ·
7 Answers
Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@squelch Did read this thread. I agree with @Guy Stewart (Victron Energy Staff) that it sounds like the VEBus interface on the CCGX is not working. You should have this replaced free of charge. You can contact the dealer you bought it from or contact our repair department: repairs@victronenergy.com

best regards

Martijn Coster - Victron Energy

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

squelch avatar image squelch commented ·

@Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) & @Guy Stewart (Victron Energy Staff),

You too are both correct, i replaced yesterday the problematic CCGX unit with the new one and it already works. We will contact our distributor to arrange the replacement of the defective unit.

Ty

0 Likes 0 ·
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

Probably not the cause, but did you check in remote console (devices: Multi) if you can manually turn the inverters 'on'? (just to exclude this possibility)

(edit...as you have the CCGX you don't need remote console but can check directly on the panel...)

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi Boekel,

Never tried that. But i just recently upgraded my MP FW to 431 about 15 hrs ago as i type. And MP isn't appearing on the CCGX GUI. I'll try to upgrade it to 433 and see what happens.

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Also try upgrading the FW to 433 for the all the MPs and the firmware on the CCGX to 2.23

also check the suggestion made by Boekel

you can check what the lights mean in the victron tool kit app, downl;oad this and install it and see if that gives you any clues

1 comment
2 |3000

Thanks, Paul.

I'll do the 433 FW update of the MP. For the CCGX 2.23 FW can't seem to see it on the victron professional site? would you mind sharing the file.

ty

0 Likes 0 ·
squelch avatar image
squelch answered ·

@Boekel, @Paul B

Update from my current FW MP update from 431 to 433, CCGX is not detecting the presence of Multi from it's GUI.

But, system is now energize.

@Guy Stewart (Victron Energy Staff)

any thoughts on this?

ty

1551938369098.png (1003.7 KiB)
8 comments
2 |3000

Id give it overnight first, then I’d be starting again from a programming side.

Check each unit individually, does it connect? does it show up.

And expand from there, that should help to identify the exact point of failure, and more specific troubleshooting advice.

0 Likes 0 ·
squelch avatar image squelch Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks, @Guy Stewart (Victron Energy Staff),

I'll work on your recommendation.

0 Likes 0 ·

@Guy Stewart (Victron Energy Staff)

1) Tried repogramming individual MP units to standalone mode and still did not show up.

2) Repgrogrammed it again to 3xparrallel units as a 1 phase, still no show.

Any thoughts? IMG_20190308_082619.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ squelch commented ·

If you are confident with your cables, it sounds like a fault.

Maybe replacement, I have created a ticket for Victron Service Dept. They should get in touch with you.

0 Likes 0 ·
squelch avatar image squelch Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Fault on the CCGX?

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ squelch commented ·

Yes, more likely a fault on the CCGX.

If you have tried with different cables, and three different multis that have been returned to their default out of the box settings.

Then that leaves the CCGX.

0 Likes 0 ·

@Guy Stewart (Victron Energy Staff),

Whom do i should contact with for this faulty CCGX unit?

0 Likes 0 ·

The place of purchase should be contacted for warranty replacement claims,

Please read this - https://www.victronenergy.com/support

0 Likes 0 ·
ossi avatar image
ossi answered ·

Dear Earl,

Try remving your End terminations on the VEBus if you have put in.

Terminations are only used with VECan.

BR

Oliver

2 comments
2 |3000

@Oliver,

I had not put on end terminators on the VEBUS.

0 Likes 0 ·
ossi avatar image ossi squelch commented ·

Hi

Did you check the VEBus RJ45 connection cables with RJ-45 Tester or with a Multi-meter (conductivity)?

replace the used cables for new and pre-crimped ones?

BR

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·
1 comment
2 |3000

@Paul B,

Can't do online update. Because site is situated on an island. Just pull my self there a couple of hours ago. But have to be back by next week if CCGX needs to be replace.

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

long shot. try changing the CCGX to demo mode then back to normal.

maybe this may cause a re detect and may solve the issue. ?????

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

CCGX Product Manual

CCGX Product page