question

Allan Yates avatar image
Allan Yates asked

Thread size for Skylla-i Control GX panel mounting?

Does anybody know the size of fastener for the four corners? None of the diagrams mention this, they just give the diameter of the hole in the plastic into which the threaded insert is placed. This is the same panel as for the Battery Alarm GX and the Digital Multi Control GX (plastic).

Thanks,

Allan.

Skylla
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Margreet Leeftink (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Margreet Leeftink (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

They are M5

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Allan Yates avatar image
Allan Yates answered ·

Just had a thought, and I Googled threaded inserts with the diagram's 6.4mm hole size and I came up with:

M5 Brass Screw-to-Expand Inserts for Plastics
M5 x 0.8 mm Thread Size, 0.99 mm Thick Flange
Suggested Bit Size/ Hole Size 6.4mm

So while not guaranteed, this would be a good guess.

Allan.

2 |3000

Allan Yates avatar image
Allan Yates answered ·

Thanks for confirming!

2 |3000

Allan Yates avatar image
Allan Yates answered ·

My control unit just arrived, so here are is a reference photo of the rear and a scan of the accompanying diagrams.

img035.jpg (1.4 MiB)
img034.jpg (1.5 MiB)
2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic