BYD Victron Throttling issue

HI All

System setup
1 x MP5000/48
1 x CCGX
1 x 250/100 MPPT
4 x BYD B-Box 2.5kWh

We have two issues on the site.
1. First is with the new firmware (post 2.13) the CCGX seems to lose communications with the BYD BMS. The voltage is shown as 0V and 0A on the CCGX. After a short while, it all comes back online again (as in the image below). Swopped out the CCGX with a new unit but it does not resolve the issue. Rolled back to fimrware version 2.13 and the issue is gone. Any help on how to resolve this?

2. The second issue is the PV throttles even though grid feed is allowed. No cloud cover, DVCC on/off (on 2.20+) makes no difference. There is no shading from Clouds, birds and the panels are clean. Any help in this matter would be great.

CCGX Color ControlBYD
1551423745246.png (80.1 KiB)
1551423975919.png (33.8 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Can you please provide the VRM site id, if you want me to have a closer look?

0 Likes 0 ·
janhkruger avatar image janhkruger Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Guy

VRM Portal ID : 04a316e33162

Regards

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hello Janhkruger,

I had a look at the site data through VRM. It was difficult to diagnose exactly what might have caused the problem.

There was only one occasion that I could see when this occurred. It involved a voltage spike to over 57V, which is enough to cause the BYD batteries to disconnect themselves.

I can't be sure though if the 57V caused the issue, or was a consequence OF the issue.

If it is possible that you could re-create it so that there is another event to review. It might help to narrow it down.

Apologies I can't be more help so far.

Regards,

Guy

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

janhkruger avatar image janhkruger commented ·

Hi Guy

I updated the firmware and the issue was back almost immediately happening twice. First on 28 Feb @ 12:02 and the second time on 5 March @ 12:11. Not sure if the Voltage is the actual issue as it only happens on the new Victorn CCGX firmware.

I have rolled back the firmware from 2.23 to 2.11 to prevent the issue form reoccurring until we find a solution.

Any advice?

0 Likes 0 ·
1551849545779.png (31.6 KiB)
janhkruger avatar image janhkruger janhkruger commented ·

Hi Guy

The same issue now started with Firmware version 2.11.

Could it be a battery issue? My problem is that it is an intermittent failure? How do we solve this?

Regards

0 Likes 0 ·