question

BoKl avatar image
BoKl asked

REC BMS / CCGX / Multi Plus12/3000/120 settings

I try to setup a LiFePo4 ( Winston ) 12v/400Ah block with Multi Plus and REC BMS ( ABMS Victron compatible). BMS is installed correct, connected to CCGX via CAN Bus. CCGX Can Bus Profile is set to VE.Can & CAN-bus BMS (250 kbit/s) seems to work correct.

Multi Plus is connected to CCGX via VEBus and is also visible in CCGX

I now tried to set up the multi with the MK3 interface. Charger settings are done. My problem is when I chose LiFePo Battery in the config software, I am asked to load and activate an "assistent" knows someone here what the exact setting is?

BMSCCGX Color Controlcharger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

7 Answers
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

Hi Bodo,

As you already found out:
You don't need assistants for the REC-bms, as it is CANbus connected to the CCGX.

You need to use DVCC in the CCGX (and set the REC bms as battery monitor) then the Multi uses the parameters sent by the BMS

Please check al parameters sent by the BMS to make sure setup is correctly done.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

You set this up under assistants

1551588541781.png (44.6 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

boekel avatar image boekel ♦ commented ·

This is not for CANbus bms

0 Likes 0 ·
drmi avatar image
drmi answered ·

REC-BMS is Victron-compatible (See http://www.rec-bms.com/datasheet/UserManual_REC_Victron_BMS.pdf ). Which settings (Assistent ESS or another?) should be done in VE.Config?

1 comment
2 |3000

you don't need ESS assistant, unless if you want to feed back power into to the grid.

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Its best that you read all the information about the ESS

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ess:design-installation-manual

but I would recommend that you ask your local agent to help you set this up

1 comment
2 |3000

He never mentions using ESS, and he doesn't need to / and when it's a mobile or off-grid (van / boat / cabin) installation he -really- shouldn't use ESS

0 Likes 0 ·
BoKl avatar image
BoKl answered ·

Hi @Paul B

thx for your fast reply. I installed the assistant ( did already before) but that seems not to be the problem. I got a notificaion in the CCGX that "ABMS assistant is installed configured for a VE.Bus BMS but the VE.Bus BMS is not found"

Do I need to enable the REC BMS ( which is visible in the device list at the CCGX ) for the VE.Bus? It is connected via CAN Bus to the CCGX..

2 |3000

BoKl avatar image
BoKl answered ·

Hi Boekel,

That seems to work ... I just need to update the MultiPlus to rel 422 and should than be able to setup all the components

Thanks a lot

Best regards

Bodo

2 |3000

Afonso Indias Zagalo avatar image
Afonso Indias Zagalo answered ·

Hello

I'm here trying to find some help on a issue with the Multi 12/3000/120, CCGX, MPPT 100/30 and a REC BMS connected by canbuss, after solving a cabling problem ( replacing 70 by 95 sqmmm ) and securing all connections the Multi will charge with no problem with land power, however with the generator it will cut on and off the Multi charge. Having monitoring the voltage and Hertz from generator ( a Isuzu 5 KW ) it seems in the writgh parameters 52Hz and 230VDc on start and keeping it all the time.

Thank you in advance

Lisbon

2 comments
2 |3000

Hi @Indiaszagalo

Please make a separate topic for this, and in this also describe what kind of system you have (off-grid? ESS? Backup?, ..?)

if you are using ESS, you have a grid code set, this can influence generator acceptance.

please read the manuals on the system you use.

0 Likes 0 ·
Afonso Indias Zagalo avatar image Afonso Indias Zagalo Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you BoKl for your repply, it is a boat installation and a steel hull, so I'm still working in some isolation issues and we are waiting for a firmware update on the REC BMS.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources